Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This week's challenges..........

Financial: Whatever your budget is for the week, cut it. Can you cut it down 10%, 25%, maybe even in half for the week? Figure out a realistic cut, then put the extra towards debt or a savings goal!

Not sure if I can do this as the money I take out weekly is stretched to the limit.  I'll try my best though; what with putting money away for the 52 week challenge, the sealed pot challenge, money in my other pot, my birthday pot and my Christmas pot, there's not a lot left over.

 Decluttering: It's time to organize our food stash! Your pantry, cupboards you keep food in, fridge, freezer, etc... take inventory of what you have, organize it, toss any old, expired foods, make a menu plan using up any items that are nearing their "best before" day, donate foods you won't eat, etc... Don't forget to snap before & after photos!! If you've already done this over the month, well, you're off the hook!! ;)

This is a job that I have wanted to do for a while, so should be easy to do.

Freezing flipping cold around here.   Still hibernating.  Do have to leave the house though today, will have photos to show you tomorrow........

12 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Both good goals!

Kaisievic said...

Two good goals. Good luck with them.

Amanda said...

I love the financial challenge. Going to try that. I just declutter my pantry when my mom was here, but it could definitely use straightening a little. Maybe that will get done tomorrow. It's actually been a little warmer here, mid 30's melting most of our snow. Now it is just brown out. Seriously if it's not going to be green out, I prefer the white of snow LOL.

-Amanda

Unknown said...

Pennies these days have to be ever more elastic it seems .. we keep stetchin and stretchin em!

Keep warm.

Vicky x

Tania said...

A big de-clutter happening here at the moment. If I don't use it out it goes!

The weather on this side of the world is hot tomorrow, but then cooler for nearly a week, I cant believe it!

Stay warm Gill :)

x

Debby said...

Good luck finding someplace to cut on the budget, the only way I am cutting back is for gas (staying home) and groceries (eating from the pantry). Looking forward to seeing everyones before and after pantry!!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I did the pantry two weeks ago so I am feeling good about that. Couple of days ago I went through my stitching stash and got stuff together to donate so that is good. I need to start "pots" like you do for Christmas and such but it seems we operate off a debit card all the time and never had a ton of cash in the house. Guess a run to the bank would take care of that. I think spring is sort of trying to "spring" here -- it is supposed to me in the mid 70's today but get cooler again over the weekend. We still have February to get through and I have seen some fierce weather in Feb. however, last year, we had our first hot weather in April so who knows -- this is Texas -- can't say more about that.

Jane and Chris said...

Wrap up warm it's SODDING cold out there!
Jane x

Anonymous said...

Good luck Gill!
As we've starting using Approved Foods out of date stuff is normal food for us now
lol :)

Rose said...

I wish I could keep my cupboard organized...I organize the canned goods, etc, and it is not a week till they are a mess again.

~Carla~ said...

I need to do my pantry, freezer, etc... soo badly! Which is why I took all of you along for the ride as well! lol!! ;) Good luck with your budget Gill, don't have to cut it by a LOT, even $5.00 is cutting it! :)

Janet said...

I'm slow to catch onto the Challenges this year... but am working on the financial makeover and did get to decluttering my pantry and my tea/spice cupboard done this week. Great feeling once it's done !

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...